Sustainable Futures for Young People
How will Smart Skilled & Hired Help Me?
If you’re a young person recently out of school or unemployed, we want to help you get a job! We provide dedicated one-on-one Youth Case Manager support that connects young people aged 15-24 with employers and high-quality pre-employment training opportunities.
We can help connect you with training, mentoring and work experience placements to build your skills and experience and get you into the workforce.
CHESS can assist you in identifying these barriers and provide practical solutions and support. We will work with you to find out:
- what kind of work you’d like to do
- the types of work available in our region
- the types of training available in our region
- strategies on how we can help you get a job
We connect you with:
- A dedicated Youth Case Manager & Employment Relations Consultant
- Further education and training to develop practical skills
- Work Experience, Internships and Volunteer opportunities
- Employment opportunities in our local area
Am I Eligible for Smart, Skilled & Hired?
The program is available to young people (15 to 24 years) in Western Sydney, the Central Coast and Hunter, New England/North West and the North Coast.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- be out of work, or working part time, or working casual hours (less than 28 hours a week) and needing to get more hours or more stable work
- be aged between 15 and 24 at the time you register
- have either finished Year 10 or have turned 17 years old
- not be registered with Commonwealth employment programs like jobactive, Transition to Work or PaTH, unless you need support with things like mental health, housing, drug problems or transport to help you get a job
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder (including refugee and humanitarian visa categories) or a New Zealand citizen.
How do I Apply?
To get advice and apply for the Smart, Skilled & Hired program get in touch with us! Fill in the form below and one of our friendly Employment Consultants will contact you directly