Connecting local businesses with reliable and committed jobseekers.
CHESS Employment Services provides specialist assistance to connect employers with their ideal employee – at no cost to you. We do this through our disability employment service, designed to help jobseekers with a disability or health condition find and maintain sustainable employment. Ensuring that jobseekers are carefully matched to the needs of your business is a critical component of the CHESS service model.
How We Assist You
- CHESS Disability Employment Staff work to partner you and your organisation with the most suitable jobseeker to your organisations needs
- Help to organise, work along-side and supervise on the job training
- Provide ongoing support to employers and their employees to create sustainable and long term employment solutions
- Collaborate with key service partners and allied health networks to provide additional support services for clients and employers
- Assess eligibility for generous wage subsidies which assists in offsetting the costs of training and on boarding a new employee
- Guide you through the process of funding the cost of any workplace modifications that may be needed through the Employment Assistance Fund
How your Business Benefits
Research has highlighted many benefits for an organisation who hires a staff member with a disability or health condition. Benefits for your organisation include:
- Being well regarded by staff and the community as being a good employer and place of business
- Increasing awareness of workplace practices and conditions for all employees
- Increased levels of customer and staff loyalty
Who is Eligible?
In order for CHESS to assist employers, employers need to:
- Employ participants and pay appropriate wages in line with relevant industry awards
- Meet all tax and superannuation obligations
- Have a position that is in open employment
- Not be an industry that would bring CHESS or the government into disrepute.