Connecting local businesses with reliable and committed jobseekers.
CHESS Employment Services provides specialist assistance to connect employers with their ideal employee – at no cost to you. We do this through our disability employment service, designed to help jobseekers with a disability or health condition find and maintain sustainable employment. Ensuring that jobseekers are carefully matched to the needs of your business is a critical component of the CHESS service model.
How We Assist You
- Free professional recruitment advice and jobs matching
- Job design for employees
- Tailored on-the-job or off site support for new employees
- Ongoing support for as long as is required to ensure sustainable employment
- Linkages to training and development for up skilling employees
- Disability employment information and training
- Assessment of eligibility for generous wage subsidies
- Assistance for any employee of an organisation whose job may be in jeopardy due to mental illness or disability
- Guidance through funding processes
- Service co-ordination and linkages to other supports and community organisations
How your Business Benefits
Research has highlighted many benefits for an organisation who hires a staff member with a disability or health condition. Benefits for your organisation include:
- Being well regarded by staff and the community as being a good employer and place of business
- Increasing awareness of workplace practices and conditions for all employees
- Increased levels of customer and staff loyalty
Who is Eligible?
In order for CHESS to assist employers, employers need to:
- Employ participants and pay appropriate wages in line with relevant industry awards
- Meet all tax and superannuation obligations
- Have a position that is in open employment
- Not be an industry that would bring CHESS or the government into disrepute.