Enabling local community members experiencing barriers to employment to achieve a ‘Strong Life’ through fulfilling work and social inclusion.
At CHESS Employment our passion and purpose is to assist disadvantaged people within our local community to adopt positive change. We help you to find satisfying and rewarding employment, empowering you with the tools to become self-reliant and independent.
Our clients are often the long term unemployed who experience disadvantage and barriers to gaining a job. People experiencing disadvantage can include: people experiencing housing instability, people with brain injury, people with a diagnosed disability, people with a mental illness, people serving custodial sentences, Indigenous Australians and long term job seekers in jobless families.
How We Help
- We work closely alongside your employment consultant to set and reach employment goals
- We assist in assessing your skills and identifying suitable training opportunities
- We help identify any barriers to employment and assist with sourcing and referring to appropriate services to help with these barriers
- We cooperate with key service partners and allied health networks to provide additional support services
- We assist you to find job placements that suit your skills, abilities, experience and interests
- Once placed in a position we provide post placement support tailored to you and your employer
- We help to strengthen the partnership between you and your employer for ongoing sustainable employment
Who is Eligible
To be eligible for Direct Registration with CHESS, you must:
- have a health condition, injury or disability
- be an Australian resident or holder of Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV)
- not currently be serviced by another DES provider or Employment Service provider
- are aged at least 14 but have not yet attained the Age Pension qualifying age
*Other Conditions May Apply
We currently service the Mid North Coast, Coffs Harbour and Clarence Employment Service Areas however if you reside in Macleay, Richmond or New England Employment Service Areas feel free to contact us and discuss whether we can assist you.